1 lb Ground Beef 1 lb Ground Pork 3 14.5 oz Cans Tomato and Tid Bits 1 28 oz Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes, crushed and chopped Pinch Salt and Pepper 1 1/2 Tbs. Italian Seasoning 3 Tbs. Olive Oil 1 Tbs. Chopped Garlic 1 red Onion, chopped 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped 2 lbs Ricotta Cheese 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated 2 16 oz Pkgs. Lasagna Noodles 1 lb Mushrooms, sliced 1 Cup Red Wine 1 lb Mozzarella Cheese, sliced thin
- Saute garlic, onion and seasonings in olive oil for about 5 -8 minutes; add parsley, canned tomatoes, red wine and mushrooms. Cook 30 minutes to an hour or until sauce thickens.
- In separate skillet season meat to taste with salt and pepper and brown. Drain grease.
- Cook noodles in salted boiling water. When finished, rinse in cold water and pat dry.
- Cover bottom of a 9 x 12 inch baking dish with sauce.
- Lay noodles out to cover dish.
- Add layer of meat mixture and dabs of ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Add mozzarella cheese slices.
- Cover with light topping of sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles and repeat steps 6 – 9 two more times.
- Final layer or top of lasagna will not have noodles.
- Bake in 350° F oven for approximately 35 minutes.
- Add sauce and parmesan cheese and serve.